Downtown Oshawa BIA 2016 Annual General Meeting Notice
Thursday, 6 October, 2016 8:30 am – 10:30 am
CORE21 – 21 Simcoe Street S.
As a member of the Downtown Oshawa BIA, you are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting. RSVP’s are required. Please RSVP by phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 2 October.
- Call to order and introductions
- Declaration of Conflict of Interest
- Approval of previous Annual General Meeting minutes and the Special member meeting minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Auditor’s Report
- Director’s Report
- Proposed Program and Budget for 2017
- New Business
The purpose of this meeting is to decide on the BIA budget for 2017, general program. This program is paid for by a special levy charged to you as well as other commercial property owners and businesses in the BIA. The best way to participate in the decisions which your BIA is making on your behalf is to attend.
This notice is being distributed on or before 16 September 2016 as follows:
- Commercial tenants in the downtown district via email and hand delivery
- Landlord/property owners via regular Canada Post mail
For more information, please call Angela, Office Administrator for the Board (905)576-7606. This notice is posted on the Downtown Oshawa website. All relevant documents pertaining to the Annual General Meeting, re agenda item #3 will be posted on the Downtown Oshawa website at www.oshawabianew.wpengine.com no later than Friday, 23 September 2016.
A detailed line-by-line budget will be available at the Annual General Meeting.
- Accumulative reserve beginning of the year $75,439.34 as of January 1, 2016 financial statement.
- Accumulative reserve end of period $97,052.56, as of July 31, 2016 financial statement.
Please note that the 2017 budget will be submitted to Council in 15 October 2016 for their approval.