As a member of the Downtown Oshawa BIA, you are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting. RSVP’s are required. Please RSVP by phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 26 September.
The purpose of this meeting is to decide on the BIA budget for 2018, general program. This program is paid for by a special levy charged to you as well as other commercial property owners and businesses in the BIA. The best way to participate in the decisions which your BIA is making on your behalf is to attend.
This notice is being distributed on or before 8 September 2017 as follows:
- Commercial tenants in the downtown district via email and regular Canada Post mail.
- Landlord/property owners via regular Canada Post mail
For more information, please call Angela, Office Administrator for the Board (905)576-7606. This notice will be posted on the Downtown Oshawa website. All relevant documents pertaining to the Annual General Meeting will be posted on the Downtown Oshawa website at www.downtownoshawa.ca no later than Friday, 15 September 2017.
Downtown Oshawa Board of Management
2018 Proposed Operating Budget
A detailed line-by-line budget will be available at the Annual General Meeting.
To receive an advance copy of the detailed budget please go to the Downtown Oshawa website at www.downtownoshawa.ca anytime after 15 September 2017 and click on the AGM icon.
- Call to order and introductions
- Declaration of Conflict of Interest
- Approval of previous Annual General Meeting minutes for 2016
- Treasurer’s Report
- Auditor’s Report
- Director’s Report
- Proposed Program and Budget for 2018
- New Business
CORE21 – 21 Simcoe Street S.
Thursday, 28 September, 2017
8:30 am – 10:30 am
OSHAWA CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT IMPROVEMENT AREA
|Description||2016 Approved Budget||2017 Purposed Budget A||2017 Purposed Budget B|
|City of Oshawa Tax Levy||-$143,100.00||-$143,100.00||-$246,100.00|
|To be drawn from reserve funds||$20,950.00||$20,950.00||$0|
- Accumulative reserve beginning of the year $73,691.65 as of January 1, 2017 financial statement.
- Accumulative reserve end of period $136,843.48, as of July 31, 2017 financial statement.
Please note that the 2018 budget will be submitted to Council by 15 October 2017 for their approval.